What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a Government initiative that provides extra money for pupils in school who are entitled to Free School Meals, Looked After Children and service children. The Government believes that Pupil Premium is the best way to support all children by providing schools with additional funding to narrow attainment gaps between groups of pupils.
What is available from the Pupil Premium package?
- An annual uniform voucher for up to 2 jumpers or cardigans
- A contribution to trips and events
- A contribution to enrichment activities, such as after school clubs
- Free daily child's serving of milk
- Targeted support during class times
Who can apply?
To qualify for Pupil Premium you must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Job Seeker's Allowance – Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance – Income Related
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more that £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after no longer qualifying for Working Tax
- The child was adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005, or left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after the same date or left care under a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991.
How can I apply for the Pupil Premium package?
Print, complete and return the Worcestershire County Council (WCC) Application Form below to the school office (or a form can be requested from the school office) or you can apply direct online.
For Looked After Children or Service children, please contact the school office on 01905 772138.